Customer Privacy Notice (Canada)
- Who Are We
- The Information We Collect About You
- What We Use Your Personal Data For
- Who We Share Your Data With
- Meeting Our Responsible Gambling Obligations
- How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
- Locations That We May Transfer Your Personal Data
- User Consent
- Marketing Communications and Your Choices
- Your Rights
- Contact Us or Our Data Protection Officer
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
ElectraWorks Limited is a member of Entain Group of companies and this Notice explains what your personal data will be used for. Where we use the term “we” or “us”, this includes the entity and Brands (https://entaingroup.com/about/business-overview/our-brands/) and other companies within the Entain group.
We are committed to protecting your personal data when you use our services through our website and mobile application and take the security of your information very seriously. We have strict security measures in place to protect your personal data which includes robust security procedures. If you have any concerns about the way in which we process or protect your personal data or would like to contact us about any aspect of this policy, please get in touch through the contact details at the bottom of this statement.
We will collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- When you register for an account with us
- When you visit our website or our social media sites
- Through surveys you complete
- When you communicate with us (by email, mail, phone, in store or through chat, including chat rooms, or social media)
- When we undertake analysis of your interaction with us
- From our other group companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes
- From cookies and tracking devices on your devices where you have permitted their use
- From third parties’ databases to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- From online vendors and service providers such as financial and shared liquidity services, and from customer lists lawfully acquired from third-party vendors, prior consent from you.
What we use your Personal Data for
Typical Personal Data
Provision of products or services
To meet our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including information about changes to our website, services or our terms, conditions and policies.
Customer Service matters
To provide you with customer services, answer your questions or address your complaints or concerns.
Meeting our legal and regulatory obligations
Identity Checks, Age Verification and Responsible Gambling
To meet our responsible gambling obligations (such as recording self-excluders and where we believe a customer has a gambling problem).
To check your or validate your identity, age and protect your information
Undertake Surveys competitions and promotions
To invite you to take part in competitions, to provide us with feedback on your experiences, take up promotions or to keep you informed about products of services which may be of interest to you.
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time.
Lifestyle and demographic Insight and Profiling
To build a profile of you, your preferences and your habits to better understand your interests and how you play.
Improve our services and ensure our systems are secure and up to date
To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, maintain and improve our products and services, optimise business processes, ensure the integrity of our systems and manage our Information Technology estate, undertake quality assurance, support efficient management of our staff, analyse performance of webpages or promotions and provide content that is relevant to you
Prevention and Detection of Crime,
Prevention of loss
Protection of staff and customers
To prevent or detect crime, fraud, theft or loss to our business and our customers and prevent the use of unfair practices in our websites or potential breach of our General Terms and Conditions and of applicable law.
To protect our staff and other individuals from harm or loss.
Business sale, acquisition and rights
To exercise or defend legal claims or acquiring or selling a business
Much of the information we collect about you is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, such as gambling Legislation or any other applicable laws, however, we will ask your consent prior to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, unless an exception applies.
We may also store more sensitive personal data about you which may come directly from you, from other sources as described above or from decisions we have made about you (e.g. Responsible Gambling related data).
Some of these decisions or actions we may take in managing your account or meeting our legal obligations may involve fully automated decisions. We will however always provide you with contact details where you can ask for a review of the decision or get further information from us.
We may need to share personal information with other organisations to ensure that we meet our legal obligations, where we need support in meeting your needs or our contractual obligations or where it is permitted or required by applicable law. These other parties are typically:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Our affiliates and selected third parties, where you have expressly opted-out of receiving marketing from us / third parties, have been barred or self-excluded, in which case we may share suppression lists with our affiliates and selected third parties, to ensure you do not receive unsolicited marketing from us;
- Members of the Entain Group and third party suppliers and service providers for any of the purposes identified in the table above; third party suppliers and service providers to the extent they assist the Entain Group with its legal / regulatory obligations e.g. providers of services in respect of anti-money laundering, fraud, verification etc.;
- Selected third parties so that they can contact you with details of the services that they provide, where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site and other selected third parties;
- Other 3rd party organisations who ask, encourage or collate feedback and any online views of your experiences with us to help us improve and optimize our services;
- Banks, credit card companies and relevant agencies who may share with third parties for the purpose of investigating and safeguarding against underage, fraudulent, criminal or suspicious activity or safer gambling (or other activities we are bound by law, regulation or guidance to investigate and safeguard against) or if we have reason to believe that you have undertaken such activity; and
- Our regulators, law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our legal advisers, courts, applicable independent adjudication services and integrity organisations and any other authorised bodies, for the purposes of investigating any actual or suspected criminal activity, maintaining standards of behaviour in the services we provide or other regulatory or legal matters.
We may share your personal information with other members of the Entain Group. We will not share it with other 3rd party organisations however unless you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we consider selling or buying any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to any prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets;
- In the event of any insolvency situation (e.g. the administration or liquidation) of Entain Group plc, or a data controller or any of its group entities;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our staff, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations (including without limitation, other gambling operators and the local police or other local law enforcement agencies) for the purposes of staff and customer safety, crime prevention, fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirements, or otherwise for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime;
- when we check your identity when you first become a customer, we share information with Credit Reference Agencies and this will leave a “soft” footprint on your credit file. Further information about how these agencies hold and use your information can be found in their relevant websites; and
- Where you have self-excluded yourself from gambling, we may share this information with our regulators or other companies in our field where we believe it is important to support your exclusion.
- We take responsible gambling very seriously at Entain. We may share your information across our brands in the Entain Group, and where required with other organisations to meet our responsible gambling commitments.
- We have a moral obligation to identify those at harm from gambling as early as we can and help them stop gambling by placing certain limits on accounts; this could include deposit limits, product limits, limiting the ability of an account to gamble certain products / times / periods. In order to meet these obligations, we analyse customer’s transactions and evaluate behaviour or financial status across our products and brands, which may lead us to make decisions on your account(s).
- We are also constantly looking at innovative ways to help spot players who may be on a path to difficulties and identify them digitally. This means that we may use systems that identify customers (such as cookies on player’s devices or images sent by you) and internally we have developed systems to understand your play to better communicate any risks concerning your activity.
In all these cases, please be assured that we take our obligations very seriously, in helping customers gamble responsibly and in protecting your personal information.
Type of Data
Typical Retention Time
Customer call recordings
An extended retention may be applied on a case-by-case basis
(retention period which starts from the date you request the closure of your account or your account becomes inactive)
We will only continue to hold personal data relating to your account as permitted under data protection legislation (i) where we are under a legal requirement under gambling or tax legislation to retain your data; and (ii) to exercise or defend our legal rights
If you register under the self-exclusion scheme, whilst the self-exclusion itself may have a shorter duration, a record of this will be retained longer as part of your customer profile.
The above retention times may be extended for example where it is needed to meet a specific regulatory obligation, investigate a crime, handle a claim or resolve a complaint.
From time to time, service providers, members of the Entain Group and organisations with whom we work with, may be located outside your jurisdiction in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data. Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in these countries, including EEA, Gibraltar, the UK, India or another third country when the services require it. Personal data processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws. Please contact us on the email address below if you have any specific questions regarding international transfers.
We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
By providing your personal information and accepting this privacy notice, you explicitly consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, unless an exception applies, for the provision of the services, the purposes set put above or as otherwise provided in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
We take compliance with security regulations, standards, guidelines and privacy laws very seriously and implement security measures that will help maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data. We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect customer personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data that we hold.
As a business, we have secure firewalled datacentres, certified encrypted webpages and we are ISO27001:2013 certified. We also take steps to help ensure our subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and suppliers employ adequate levels of security across the business.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and no security measures can provide absolute protection. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
When we first collect your personal data, we’ll ask you to tell us how you would like to hear from us in future about our other products and services. It’ will normally be via a tick boxes on forms or web page and you can opt-out at any time.
What is 'Opting Out'?
The term opt out refers to several methods by which individuals can avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information. This ability is usually associated with direct marketing campaigns such as telemarketing, e-mail marketing, or direct mail.
*Please consider that 'opting out' will not prevent any essential customer services correspondence e.g. bet or account correspondence.
How can I opt out of marketing correspondence?
If you do not wish to receive any offers, promotions, information on events and tailored communications based on your account activity, you can request to be made un-contactable by:
- Using the “unsubscribe” option provided in any marketing communication you receive
- Changing your preferences on your account settings
- Contacting our Customer Support department.
What details do you require from me?
If you contact us, we would need as much of the following as possible, to ensure that you are not sent any further unwanted correspondence
- Your full name
- Your account number or username
- How we contacted you, i.e. email, SMS, or post
- The mobile number or email/postal address we contacted you on
- The mobile number or email address that the message came from
- The date(s) and time(s) you were contacted
- A copy of the message you were sent (e.g. a screenshot or a forwarded email sent to our customer care team)
Description of Right
The right of access
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights.
The right to be informed
A right to access personal data held by us about you.
The right to correction
A right to require us to correct any inaccurate personal data held by us about you, if it is inaccurate.
The right to withdraw consent
A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products). Please note that if you withdraw consent necessary for us to provide our services, we will not be able to provide them to you.
The right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to complain to us or to the relevant Data Protection Supervisory Authority
If you have any questions about this notice or would like further information about your rights, including exercising them, please contact by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Data Protection Officer can also be contacted at the above address or by emailing email@example.com.
Any changes to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this privacy notice.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: February 2022.